Getting Involved and Giving
Working together at Shrewsbury Montessori School, we create an essential partnership that ensures our students’ success in the classroom. As a member of our community, you play an important role in fulfilling our mission through participating in community events and making financial contributions which ensure our long-term sustainability.
How You Can Help
If you have an extra 5 minutes…
- Download the Box Tops app and scan your grocery receipt to earn points for the school.
- Register your Stop & Shop or Price Chopper Advantage Card for school rewards at the Store Service Desk to support SMS.
- Bookmark AmazonSmile on your taskbar. Amazon will donate 0.5% of qualified purchases to SMS. Use this site to purchase all Amazon products.
- Buy a book to support the library. Shrewsbury Montessori Library Wish List is listed on Amazon.com.
- Like us on Facebook and share our posts. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
If you have an extra hour…
- Volunteer in the library.
- Share your experience at SMS with a friend. Our current parents are our best advertising and ambassadors for SMS.
- Prepare a dish for the Taste of SMS.
- Observe your child’s classroom.
- Work in the school garden.
- Help stuff envelopes for large mailings.
- Solicit an item or sponsorship from a local business for our fundraising events.
- Prepare a special treat for Teacher Appreciation Days.
- Attend a Family Volunteer meeting to find out about more opportunities.
If you have an extra two hours…
- Be an ambassador at an admissions event.
- Share your talent or expertise with our students.
- Volunteer at a fundraising or community-building event.
If you have time every month…
- Be our Box Tops or Square One Arts coordinator.
- Join a Family Volunteer team.
If you have no time… you can still help!
- Donate to the Annual Fund.