Getting Involved and Giving
As a small, independent school, our Family Volunteers have a vital role in ensuring that special events and enrichment programs happen. Your partnership with us helps every child grow to their potential to live happy and fulfilled lives and forever remain lifelong learners.
How You Can Help
If you have an extra 5 minutes…
- Clip a few Box Tops and send to school with your child.
- Register your Stop & Shop or Price Chopper Advantage Card for school rewards at the Store Service Desk to support SMS.
- Bookmark AmazonSmile on your taskbar. Amazon will donate 0.5% of qualified purchases to SMS. Use this site to purchase all Amazon products.
- Buy a book to support the library. Shrewsbury Montessori Library Wish List is listed on Amazon.com.
- Like us on Facebook and share our posts. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
If you have an extra hour…
- Volunteer in the library.
- Share your experience at SMS with a friend. Our current parents are our best advertising and ambassadors for SMS.
- Prepare a dish for the Taste of SMS.
- Observe your child’s classroom.
- Work in the school garden.
- Help stuff envelopes for large mailings.
- Solicit an item or sponsorship from a local business for our fundraising events.
- Prepare a special treat for Teacher Appreciation Days.
- Attend a family volunteer meeting to find out about more opportunities.
If you have an extra two hours…
- Be an ambassador at an admissions event.
- Share your talent or expertise with our students.
- Volunteer at a fundraising or community-building event.
If you have time every month…
- Be our Box Tops or Square One Arts coordinator.
- Join a Family Volunteer team.
If you have no time… you can still help!
- Donate to the Annual Fund.